In recent years, the Birmingham indie scene has blossomed, producing the likes of Peace, Swim Deep, Superfood and Jaws- who all caught the nation’s attention in 2013 after taking over Digbeth. The ‘B-Town’ scene was like a dream to music writers everywhere. But it seems the second city isn’t done yet.
Pleasure House could well be its next big thing. But really we should be wary of lumping Pleasure House in with Peace, Swim Deep and co. Their music is more relatable to that of Bristol band Coasts. Their tracks ‘Sunrise’, ‘Blow My Mind’ and ‘Get Up Again’ are danceable indie pop anthems. The quartet bring summery guitar riffs and catchy choruses with their brand of indie.
Their infectious sound is as strong as ever on their new single ‘Like A Drug’, which is set for release on 9th October. The track combines funky rythyms and vocals from frontman Alex Heffernan with their sun-drenched indie pop magic. Pleasure House play at The Rainbow in Birmingham the day after its release as well a series of other live dates.
- Tooting Tram & Social, London – 25th September
- The Jam House, Birmingham – 29th September
- MK11, Milton Keynes – 4th October
- Rainbow (w/Faith & Breeze), Birmingham – 10th October
- Verve Bar, Leeds – 16th October
- Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton -17th October
- Camden Barfly (w/Vynce), London – 20th November
- Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham – 28th November
Pleasure House Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/phukmusic